The following post is designed as a brief guide for current and
potential guild members to the Nordvegr way and to answer typical
Nordvegr was founded in the Dark Age of Camelot MMO in 2002. We have
been an active guild in Rift since its launch. Our name is from Old
Norse and means 'Way of the North' and is the antiquated name for the
country of Norway. Therefore the general theme of guild is Nordic/viking
culture, which you will see reflected in various places such as our
guild ranks. This is a semi-casual raiding guild. While we do not
require members to log hours online perfecting builds we do expect
growth in player performance over time and the capability to raid
successfully as a guild. In order to guide members and make this goal
attainable, refer to the section entitled 'Raid' in this post.
We encourage our members to not discuss potentially alienating topics
here. Avoid discussing real world issues like politics, religion, gender
views, etc. Members will not use racial slurs or any bigoted or
prejudicial comments nor will they mock, insult, harass or verbally
abuse other players. It is in our choice of words that show others who
and what we are. Trolling and spamming are not acceptable.
Our home shard is Faeblight, Rift's North American RP server. While we
are not an RP guild we do support members who take pleasure in immersing
themselves in the lore of the game and attending RP events. Please
respect other roleplayers and do not interfere with their enjoyment of
If you are a current member of Nordvegr and you would like alts added
to our roster or if you have a friend or family member interested in
joining the guild, please contact Serein or Lizbit in-game. Nordvegr is
always open to self-motivating players with a willingness to learn and
ability to adapt. If you are interested in joining us, we recommend you
read this post. Contact Serein or Lizbit if you have any questions or
concerns. Note that anyone with an OFFENSIVE or DEROGATORY character
name may not have that character invited to the guild at the discretion
• Have all your raid ready characters signed up on the raid roster: bit.ly/nordraids
• Be on time. Invites go out 15 minutes prior to the raid time.
• Raids may last up to 3 hours. Be prepared to stay the whole time.
• Prior to invites be on your main, out of party, soul mended and have necessary consumables on hand.
• Be in Vent. If you can't/don't want to talk that's okay, we still need you to listen.
• Be polite. If someone messes up, they probably know. If not, it's
probably not your place to tell them. If you have a concern please send
a /tell to leadership.
• Respect your fellow Nords. Raiding should be fun but fun shouldn't
cause a 45 minute run to become 2 hours, as raiding is a group activity.
• If you have more than one character, please determine which is your
main. You will need to always bring your main to raids in order to gear
the guild fairly and effectively.
• For progression raids, please install the KBM addon. It helps with mechanics, tracks battle rez availability, enrage timers and much more!
• If your hp is below 20K self-buffed, please use Enduring Vials during
raid to increase your maximum health. Otherwise, please use
• At minimum please use Honed Edge/Flaring Sigil on you weapons during raid. If possible use Whetstones/Powerstones.
• On pulls where we are cutting it close Consuming Flames, Renewing
Seeds, Archaic Tablets or Petrified Runes will stack with other
consumables and can give us some oomph.
• On some bosses you may want to use Comfortable Insoles to increase run speed.
• Triumph of the Dragon Queen (TDQ): Tier 1, 10-man; we have two groups that clear 4/4 weekly
• Intrepid: Drowned Halls (IDH): Tier 1, 10-man; we have two groups that clear 4/4 weekly
• Frozen Tempest (FT): Tier 1, 20-man; we clear 4/4
• Endless Eclipse (EE): Tier 1, 20-man; we clear 3/5, previously cleared 4/5
• Grim Awakening (GA): Tier 2, 10-man; we clear 2/4
• Planebreaker Bastion (PB): Tier 2, 20-man; clearing 1/5 until we get enough players with the required hit for full guild runs
Please indicate your MS role (tank, dps, heals) on the Raid Roster.
After a kill, dropped loot items will be linked it chat by the master
looter. The relevant class and role that could use the item will be
indicated by the master looter at this time (for example: Warrior Tank)
All raiders fitting this description should /roll or type 'pass' in raid
chat. The player with the highest MS roll will receive the item. If
there was no MS roll, the highest OS roll wins the item. You may win
more than 1 item per raid. If no raiders desire the loot item for MS/OS
use it will be broken down and the mats deposited into the guild bank.